Sunday, August 2, 2009

Corazon ''Cory'' Aquino Tribute

Corazon Aquino: WOMAN of LOVE

Joining the Filipinos as they mourn the death of it's
Democracy Icon; Corazon Cojuangco Aquino, I
pay tribute to her actions of true patriotism, love
of fellowmen, and trusted service. Here is a
slideshow I made yesterday. I hope ya'll like
it. Leave comments ^_^






Surprised of the total views I got on the next day, I am actually
moved. It just show how the Filipinos value her. Below is a
poem at the same time a prayer penned by Corazon Aquino
herself while still in good health. My mother actually searched
for this but I never knew she did until she saw a parchment
on top of my table and told me that she did.




PRAYER FOR A HAPPY DEATH
Almighty God, most merciful Father
You alone know the time
You alone know the hour
You alone know the moment
When I shall breathe my last.

So, remind me each day
Most lovinf Father
To be the best that I can be.
To be humble, to be jubd,
To be patient, to be True
To embrace what is good,
TO reject what is evil,
To adoreonly You.

When that final moment does come
Let not my loved ones grievefor long.
Let them comfort each other
And let them know
how happiness
They brought into my life.
Let them pray for me,
As I will continue to pray for them,
Hoping that they will always pray
For each other

Let them know that they made possible Whatever good
I offered to our world.
And let them realize that our serparation
Is just for a short while
As we prepare fr our reunion in eternity.

Our Father in heaven,
You aloneare my hope,
You alone are my salvation.
Thank YOu for Your unconditional love.
Amen

The prayer is so touching. Although it is primarily addressed to her son and daughters, us Filipinos, could somehow feel that we are also her sons and daughters and that the prayer above includes us.
Revived by Asia's Balladeer, Christian Bautista, "I Fell Inlove with the same Woman Three Times" is actually composed by the late Senator Benigno Aquino Jr. for for her beloved wife Corazon Aquino and originally performed by International artist Jose Marie Chan. The said song is making its way to the hit charts added fame by the terrible loss of the composer's inspiration.

Christian Bautista's Revival Performance



Jose Marie Chan's Original Record with Lyrics

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...