Thursday, January 28, 2010

Bloggers' Night

TODAY IS A very exciting day for me because it's the time that I'm scheduled to be with the CBS members (to think that I am not one of them literally) in a gathering tonight. After preparing myself at home in Talisay for school, I headed to SM. I attended my classes from 2:00 pm to 5:40 pm and then roamed around the Northwing with Sinjin and Karen. A few minutes to 6:00 pm, Sinjin and I taxied ourselves to Neo Neo Food Grill located at Mabolo.

What we were there for was a politics-oriented event. We were like attending a seminar about the brief basics and vital facts voters should know about the upcoming May 2010 Elections in the country. The discussion of topics commenced after we took our dinner. The media was there. My friend Sinjin and I were interviewed by an ABS-CBN News reporter. GMA interviewed some of the organizers of the meeting. We were able to know so much about the differences and importance of an automated election. It was a wit-filled night!

Precinct Count Optical Scan (PCOS)

Scanning process

After all the registered voters in a certain place cast and scan their votes, PCOS automatically prints out a receipt-like paper -a summary of the total number of votes corresponding to the different national and local candidates in seconds.



One of the speakers of the event elaborates to the attendees on how quick the results are counted and how important following instructions are.


Part of the event was the demonstration of how the election entries (votes) are going to be processed & transfered and a testing of  Precinct Count Optical Scan (PCOS). It was one informative night indeed! The event ended past 8:00 in the evening. We all parted ways after a few picture taking.



Some of them went straight home while the others jammed together at I.T. Park. The last ones who were my companions in waiting for a ride were Noelle and Kristian. I would like to thank Kristian for the company that time! I went home in my Lola's house in San Nicholas via taxi. Check out these cool stuff I brought home from the gathering! All the attendees of the event were given freebies and I for one -even thought I'm not yet an official member the Cebu Bloggers Society, I got too! Wweeeee!


After fixing myself around 9:00 pm, I chattered with my friends and cousins in the place. They told me about a dance audition tomorrow at ABS-CBN. Honestly, I was interested with the auditions when I first knew about it on television but I had second thoughts in pushing through with the plan of making a shot. Because my friends were very eager for me to join, I pursued the affirmative side.

To have a good audition on the next day (the second and final day of scheduled auditions), I had to have a dance music. I preferred hip hop. It was already around 10:00 when the crew looked for music for me. *Wweeee! How helpful!* It was then that I had the feeling that I should really take the auditions well. We find it hard to have the right or perharps perfect song to use until 12:00 dawn. *lol* We really searched that long. We were very eager. The guys were not sleepy anyway and the had nothing to do. They must have thought of wasting their time in a way like helping people out. Bwahhaha!

Believe it or not, I began my dance practice pass 12:00 midnight and ended before 4:00 dawn. I was uber tired considering that I attended an event right before I got myself in Lola's house. I took a nap by 4:00 am and planned to wake up before 7:00 to have another round of practice. *laugh*

VISIT politicalarena | bagongbotante | ibanangayon | blogwatch


photo credits: Noelle and Sinjin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...